Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finished Book: Canine Body Language: A Photographic Guide: Interpreting the Native Language of the Domestic Dog

I'm loving my vacation so far.  The weather is a little hot down here in Myrtle Beach, SC, but there is water everywhere so it's easy to cool down.  





During the drive down from Wisconsin I started reading Brenda Aloff's book

Canine Body Language: A Photographic Guide: Interpreting the Native Language of the Domestic Dog.  I finished it this morning (well, except for the "Quiz Section" which I'm doing on the way back home tomorrow) and WOW, what a fantastic, comprehensive read!!  There are tons of pictures and the book is broken up into really nice chapters with thorough explanations.  Brenda writes with a great sense of knowledge and communicates in a straight-forward, matter-of-fact tone, but sprinkles in humor here and there.  I especially like her description of dogs who are in a reactive state (in hind-brain) as being Lizard Brains.  Lovely!  I have a new nickname for Oscar and Fanny when they are being nuts-o! :)


So, so all my doggy buds, give it a read.  If you're nice to me, I'll even loan it to you (I've marked the size spine with the infamous "HOLDER" so you won't be tempted to steal it!).

BOOK on deck: Brenda Aloff's Aggression in Dogs: Practical Management, Prevention & Behavior Modification.

No comments:

Post a Comment