Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blowing Raspberries

You all have seen those cheesy bumper stickers...you know, the ones that say, "My dog is smarter than your honor student."  Then there are those ugly pillow that say something like, "My goal is to be the person my dog thinks I am."  I laugh every time I see one of those and I don't know why. 

Since Oscar's Monday Night Meltdown, he has made a complete 180.  I don't understand it, but I'm not complaining either...and the more I talk to people, the more I am starting to believe that humans, as a race, could really take a lesson from dogs when it comes to getting over stuff.  Having the ability to simply move on really struck home when I looked at Oscar this morning.  As I looked into his soulful brown eyes, his expression was telling me, "Lady, I was just living in the moment and now I'm totally past it and we can move along to more fun things."  SO, to that I say, "F-it!  Let's move forward." while blowing raspberries at the world.

Oscar blowing raspberries at the camera around 12 weeks of age

No comments:

Post a Comment