Monday, August 29, 2011

Bittersweet

Tonight is the last night of agility for Oscar and I.  I'm bittersweet about the end of our lessons...we've had a lot of ups and downs in class.  When Oscar and I have had a real connection, it has been a magical feeling.  We both glide effortlessly through the course - being truly one - with such a great sense of accomplishment at the end of our run together that we smile at each other without saying a word.  We both look at each other with mutually happy brown eyes and butt wags.  This is the dance that Suzanne Clothier talks of...and my-oh-my is it wonderful.

It is the right thing to do for both Oscar and myself, though.  Our current agility class has gotten to be too stressful for Oscar and there is no need to force him into participating because I want to do something fun with my dog, that would be down right selfish.  We are moving onto something different, something a bit more low-key, a class appropriately named "Focus and Control" at a great facility out in Pewaukee.  I'm looking forward to working with Oscar - creating that harmony, choreographing together, understanding how to read each other better and be around other dogs and their owners who are passionate about developing the relationship with their dog.

So, for now, I say "Farewell!" to agility and perhaps we will meet again some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment