Sunday, August 7, 2011

We're Back...

Back from vacation...well, really we've been back since Friday night, but some good, quality time was requested from the dogs to get back into the swing of things. 

Aaron and I had a lovely vacation, but were glad to be back home.  Myrtle Beach was OK.  It was so hot that I felt sorry for the people who saw me sweat like a lady doing that bikram yoga exercise for hours on end.  Can you say BUTT SWEAT?!  Nasty.  I've never loved a shower more in my entire life.  Blech.  I can honestly say that Myrtle Beach is not some place that I would want to go to again, but it was very nice to get away from home for 9 days. 

We picked up the pups on Friday evening.  They were very happy to see us, but not in that desperate "GET ME OUTTA HERE!" way that made us feel bad for leaving them at the boarding facility.  The place they stay is fantastic.  The ladies who run it really know what they are doing and treat the dogs very well.  I've never felt nervous leaving either dog there.

I was expecting Oscar to be a total wreck when he came home, but he settled in nicely (after a nice game of frisbee, of course)...Fanny was a little unsettled but that's because she had to take the biggest pee of her life after she drank an entire dish of water after coming home.  After that, it was smooth sailing.

It's nice to open the door to the house when coming home and smell those familiar smells (in our house it's the old, weathered woodwork), see those familiar sights (white dog hair!) and feel those familiar things (the creaky stairs underfoot).

 Just a quick picture from our trip.  Aaron celebrated his 30th birthday while we were gone and we actually got a picture of the two of us.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment