Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Introductions

This morning's entry is completely dedicated to introducing, to you, my canine crew.


First and foremost my sweet girl, Fanny.  Fanny is currently on her way to her 12th birthday and is doing very well for an old lady.  Her hearing is starting to go, but she still has spunk in her to chase rabbits and squirrels.  Fanny was adopted from the local humane society on December 5, 2002 and lived with my friend for about a year until I moved out of my parent's house and into an apartment with my (now) husband.  She came with some baggage...fear aggressive to men, fear aggressive to other dogs, fearful of thunderstorms...but with continued patience and firm, but fair leadership, Aaron and I turned her into the old sweetheart that she is today. 

LIKES: Hanging out in the shade, napping inside the A/C house, chasing small fuzzy creatures, food, going for car rides.
DISLIKES: The UPS/FedEx delivery trucks and their human counterparts, thunderstorms
NICKNAMES: Fanny Pants, Fanny-bo-Nanny, Fanners, Fan-Fan


Next on the list is Oscar.  Oscar is currently 20 months young and is a freakin' bundle of energy to say the least.  He is the goofball out of the two dogs and is always up for a game of fetch or frisbee.  Oscar was the first puppy I ever had and was brought home on New Year's Eve of 2009.  He had a lot of digestive issues during his first year of life, but he never let that bother his goofy personality.  This is the dog that has gotten me off of my butt and into serious dog training...he doesn't just sit around watching the day go by...he constantly keeps my husband and I on our toes.  It has been a pleasure raising him since he was a pup and appreciating him for having such great drive and passion for life. 

LIKES: Playing with the hose, playing fetch, playing frisbee, just playing in general(!), chasing small fuzzy creatures, sniffing out hidden food
DISLIKES: Anything boring or too low-key, training for too long, strangers coming into his house (we are working on this one!), being left out of the action
NICKNAMES: Os-key, Dum-Dum, Oscar Mayer Weiner, Silly, Stinky

No comments:

Post a Comment