Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Triple D's (Dodman, Dunbar, Donaldson)

A must watch DVD for any D.B.N.
Recently I have taken my D.B.N. efforts to a new height, courtesy of Dr. Nicholas Dodman, Dr. Ian Dunbar and Jean Donaldson.  I have been fortunate enough to connect with a few trainers in the Milwaukee area who are really progressive and knowledgeable with their dog training and behavior education.  Because of this, they have great resources and, luckily, love sharing their knowledge.

That said, over the past two weeks I have gotten the opportunity to watch a few recorded seminars of Dr. Nicholas Dodman talking about various types of dog behavior and medical causes and treatments. Another recording I watched over the weekend was "Fighting Dominance in a Dog Whispering World" where Jean Donaldson and Ian Dunbar were speaking of the whole dominance "thing."  I'm not even going to attempt to summarize what their speakings contained, but I sat there...on my couch...soaking up their knowledge like a deprived dry sponge.  What they had to say was fascinating...and a lot of it was geared more towards professional trainers, which we all know someday I will be.  Now is just not the time. 

Moving on.  After viewing these articles of interest, I quickly ordered up Dr. Dodman's books, The Well Adjusted Dog and Dogs Behaving Badly and cannot wait to get them in the mail (WHY, oh why, is it taking so long to get to my house!).

No comments:

Post a Comment