Friday, February 3, 2012

Lots and lots and lots and lots

I've been totally slacking with blog entries lately, but I swear, it's excusable.  I've been working my ass off lately (and luckily I have a lot of ass - otherwise it would be gone!).

For starters, my #1 job (a.k.a. my day job...my non-dog job) has been extremely busy.  It's a good thing and we are growing, which is awesome.  I got to go to LA this week for a pretty kick ass client meeting...one of the better perks of the job, for sure.  On top of that we are working on an insane global program for one of the world's largest handset manufacturers which has been amazing to be a part of.  For the first time in my career I am working at a company that is actually helping pave the way this company will market itself at retail; not just getting some design intent package that I have to value-design, engineering, prototype and produce in a ridiculous time frame.

Second, I just finished teaching the first session of BehaviorWorks' Control Unleashed class.  It was way more than fun, it was AWESOME.  The group of people and poochies in that class rocked and, while I helped, they really took the reins and ran with the information I gave them.  So, so, so happy for all of them!

Third, there have been a lot of changes going on at the dog training company I work for.  All good stuff.  So, I've been spending the majority of my "doggy" time helping with planning and marketing for them.

Fourth, I had to get everything ready for my CPDT-KA application.  I found out this week that I was approved after going through a whole rigmarole with getting my vets to fill out the form.  Thankfully everything worked out and I will be testing in March.

Fifth, as related to #3, I've been doing a fair amount of studying for the exam.  Learning theory, ethology, reinforcement schedules (holy alphabet soup!).  So, any free time I've had has been spent with a glass (or two, or three) of wine on the couch in my living room.

Sixth, I started re-reading Suzanne Clothier's "Bones" and I thank the heavens that she wrote it in the fashion as she did so I can pick it up for a couple of minutes at a time and get infused with goodness.  I need that book right now more than ever.

There are a lot more things that have been pecking away at my time the past couple of weeks (both my husband AND sister have pretty serious job interviews for starters!) and I haven't forgotten about those of you that follow my blog.  As always, my pups have been there for me through this craziness and I have enjoyed their reliabililty and honesty (Oscar "visiting" me when I'm at my laptop for two long with those "It's time for Frisbee, Mom" eyes and Fanny doing her pre-dinner laps around the house).

There are lots and lots and lots and lots of good things coming up in the next few months.  I can feel it in my body, I can feel it in the air.  I really, truly can.  A culmination of events is coming together -- in perfect time, perfect harmony -- and it just feels damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment